We asked 200 marketing, operational and technology thought-leaders how their businesses and customers would communicate with each other in 2018… and what would be the implications for current and future customer engagement strategies.
This is what they said…
- 99% think mobile will be important or very important
- 99% think content management technology will be important or very important
- 87% gave multi-channel, synchronized customer experience the highest priority
- 64% think the role of print will change
- 61% plan to join up marketing, operations and customer services
So, what does it mean for you?
Prepare for the ‘conversational wave’ — Embrace high quality, two-way, personalised communications with customers that nurture long-term relationships.
Optimise your customer communication processes — Realign and optimise customer communication processes and technologies, and migrate to a customer centric model.
Content is king — Deliver more relevant and timely communications, to highly segmented audiences, across all channels and based on deep consumer insight.
Engage with specialist partners — Recognise the benefits of working with third-party specialists to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of intelligent, multi-channel customer communications.
Integrated customer communications are set to become the key strategic battleground for businesses in the next few years.
To make sure you’re prepared, read Making Waves, our transformational guide on the future of B2C communications.